MWA Ep. 7: How to Master ESPPs
Are you making the most of Employee Stock Purchase Plans (ESPPs)?
From the intriguing to unexpected, Matt Nelson, CFP® guides MedTech professionals through the intricacies and strategic use of ESPPs in this insightful episode. He sheds light on how ESPPs, often an underutilized benefit, can significantly impact financial well-being, especially in the MedTech industry.
- Unlocking ESPP Secrets:
- Discover the intricate workings of ESPPs, the ‘look back’ feature and its impact on stock purchasing
- The Art of Profitable Stock Buying:
- Learn how purchasing stocks at a discount can yield substantial financial returns, with real-life examples to illustrate
- Navigating the Tax Maze of ESPPs:
- Gain expert insight on ESPP tax complexities and learn how holding periods affect tax rates
- Strategic Stock Selling:
- Rethink the necessity of holding stocks with insights on when to sell for optimal tax benefits
- Maximizing ESPP Contributions:
- Understand how to effectively manage finances for ESPP contributions, and how they differ from traditional 401(k) plans
- The Double-Edged Sword of ESPPs:
- Explore the risks and tax complications associated with ESPPs and learn how to navigate them wisely
- Tailoring ESPPs to Your Financial Goals:
- Learn how to align ESPPs with your financial objectives, whether it’s for significant purchases or long-term planning
- And much more!
Apple Podcasts → https://bit.ly/3GGW1Da
Spotify → https://bit.ly/3TofDDW
About Matthew Nelson
Matt has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. He is passionate about helping MedTech professionals maximize their benefits, reduce their taxes, and plan for financial freedom. As the Founder, Managing Partner, and Senior Financial Advisor at Perspective 6 Group, he leads a team of dedicated professionals. The team provides comprehensive and personalized financial planning and investment management services to our clients.
As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®), Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®), and Equity Compensation Associate (ECA) Matt specializes in helping our clients navigate the complex and evolving landscape of equity compensation, financial independence, portfolio management, and income tax minimization. Further, he leverages his experience as a private equity investor at Focus Financial Network, Inc., to offer strategic insights and guidance on business succession, valuation, and exit planning. Matt’s mission is to empower our clients to achieve their financial and personal goals with confidence and clarity.