MWA Ep. 8: How Do RSUs & Restricted Stock Work? (Part 1)
Have you been offered stock options at your company, but aren’t sure how to proceed?
Explore the intricate world of Restricted Stocks and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with experts Matt Nelson and Jacob LaRue in this enlightening MedTech Wealth Advisor episode. Designed specifically for professionals in the MedTech sector, this comprehensive discussion unravels the complexities of these essential equity compensation options and their significant role in shaping financial strategies within the industry.
- Introduction to RSUs
- Understanding their role as a common form of equity compensation and the basics of how RSUs work
- Vesting and Taxation
- Insights into vesting schedules, the implications of taxation at vesting, and the differences in withholding methods
- Valuing RSUs
- Expert tips on calculating RSU value and the importance of comprehending company-specific documentation
- Navigating RSU Challenges
- Discussing the unique challenges faced by private company RSU holders and strategies for effective management
- Maximizing RSU Benefits
- Practical advice on leveraging RSUs for financial growth, including vesting acceleration and managing value fluctuations
- And much more!
- Harvard Business Review: Articles on Equity Compensation
- Should I Hold My RSUs After Vesting? – Perspective 6 Group
Apple Podcasts → https://bit.ly/3GGW1Da
Spotify → https://bit.ly/3TofDDW
About Matthew Nelson
Matt has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. He is passionate about helping MedTech professionals maximize their benefits, reduce their taxes, and plan for financial freedom. As the Founder, Managing Partner, and Senior Financial Advisor at Perspective 6 Group, he leads a team of dedicated professionals. The team provides comprehensive and personalized financial planning and investment management services to our clients.
As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®), Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®), and Equity Compensation Associate (ECA) Matt specializes in helping our clients navigate the complex and evolving landscape of equity compensation, financial independence, portfolio management, and income tax minimization. Further, he leverages his experience as a private equity investor at Focus Financial Network, Inc., to offer strategic insights and guidance on business succession, valuation, and exit planning. Matt’s mission is to empower our clients to achieve their financial and personal goals with confidence and clarity.